The Gottman Relationship Checkup is comprised of five sections:
- Friendship and Intimacy: relationship satisfaction, emotional connection, romance, and admiration
- The Safety Scales: trust, chaos, commitment, and emotional philosophies
- The Conflict Scales: stress, relationship harshness, and conflict management
- The Shared Meaning System: shared rituals, values, and goals
- Individual Areas of Concern: individual issues, safety, sex, depression, drug and alcohol use, violence, anxiety, and other issues that may need psychological or psychiatric help
The questionnaire takes approximately two hours to complete. You can take a break any time by logging out and back in, returning to where you left off. When both you and your partner have completed the questionnaire, your clinician receives the results. They can then review it with you and provide actionable recommendations for therapy.